Bellaire-Puritas Development Corporation 14703 Puritas Avenue, Cleveland Ohio 44135 tel. 216-671-2710 fax. 216-671-9868 www.bpdc.org
Housing and Home Energy Program Assistant
The BPDC Housing and Home Energy Program Assistant processes HEAP applications for residents, helps maintain records of these clients, and assists with applications for other programs that could help the client maintain their housing arrangements and improve their quality of life. This position works in tandem with BPDC volunteers and other employees towards the achievement of the agency housing program goals. It is essential the Housing and Home Energy Program Assistant provide exceptional customer service.
This is a full-time, salaried position that reports to the Housing Director. Some evening and weekend hours are required, as are extended working hours at peak program periods. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Conduct face to face interviews with clients seeking financial assistance primarily for utility bills and educate clients on these and other program guidelines, as determined by the Housing Director.
2. Review all documentation provided by the client to assure that the client meets the program guidelines.
3. Assist client with PIPP, HEAP and other applications. Create and maintain agency file for each client.
4. Generate approval letters to utility companies and submit them on behalf of clients.
5. Maintain contact information for all client applications, and follow up and complete all pending applications before the program closes.
6. Prepare files for review by the main HEAP office (Cleveland Housing Network(CHN)); maintain and communicate application and file status by sending approval, rejections, and other documents to necessary agencies.
7. Maintain client information confidentiality and maintain all client files.
8. Attend all trainings/seminars/meetings required through Cleveland Housing Network.
9. Adhere to contract requirements between BPDC and CHN, including policies regarding walk-in clients, senior citizens and application error rate.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and courteously with clients, colleagues, utility companies and the general public; to organize work and engage in a variety of tasks, and consistently meet deadlines. A successful Housing and Home Energy Program Assistant must be comfortable with basic math skills, computer data entry and using problem solving skills in a fast paced environment. An associate’s degree or related vocational training in a related field, computer literacy and proven customer service experience is required. Experience in a community-based organization and familiarity with the OCEAN data system is a plus.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter (required) by Thursday, September 23rd, 2010, to:
Bryan Gillooly, Executive Director; BPDC; 14703 Puritas Ave; Cleveland 44135, or by email:
Send resume and cover letter (required) by Thursday, September 23rd, 2010, to:
Bryan Gillooly, Executive Director; BPDC; 14703 Puritas Ave; Cleveland 44135, or by email: email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.